Saturday, March 10, 2012

My Vacation in Flordia

Hi all... I just got back from Florida... I was staying at my friends (Ruth J.) house.. Here are a few things we worked on while I was there.... This wall hanging was a gift that I received from Ruth J. for Christmas... I decided to get it done while I was on vacation... The angle is by Jim Shore and his fabrics... It was quick and easy to do and I had it done in one day... Click on the picture and you can get a better look at it... :)
These two Saint Patrick Day wall hangings were made by Ruth J. .... She made these wall hangings for a friend and her sister... Ruth has made one for every month for them... They are so cute and I love the shamrock button on their hats... Lovely job Ruth... :)


I helped Ruth to put these pictures squares together for her.... They are pictures of her husband and their children and their children..... The squares around the pictures are fabric's from her late husband shirts...Then I framed them with the black... Ruth will be putting them in a frame so she can give them to each of the children and their children for Christmas... What a wonderful idea and a beautiful memory to have these... :)
Here is a closer look at the whole pictures...I put 9 of them together for her... Don't you just love the idea she had... :)
This is Ruth's dog Jody... She is the sweetest ever... Every morning she would come into my room to wake me so I could take her out and to feed her breakfast... I surly miss my alarm clock...:)

While I was working on the picture's blocks, Ruth was working on this shirt quilt for herself... The pictures in this quilt top are of her and her husband... I love the shirts and the stitching she put on the shirts... The shirts are the ones her husband had worn... Some were will worn and very thin, but we put a cotton interfacing on the back of them... What a wonderful memory quilt she made... The next picture is of a closer look of the shirts... :)

Click on the picture and you can see the stitching she has done on each shirt... I hope I did not bore you these pictures and I have many more to post for another day... But, I had a wonderful time at Ruth's and lots of laughs... Thanks Ruth this hug is for you  ... Hugs :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics Jean!! What a great job you and Ruth did on the ones of the family. Jody got really big. What a great pic of her.

Love
Robyn